Feel the Shift?
There are beliefs that I hold as true that cannot be... proven... things that are not tangible... things of instinct, of intuition.
When things happen in a way that is incongruent with those beliefs I hold so close, it generates questions huh? Self doubt bubbles a little and I question my perceptions.
It was so nice talking like that, a little like we used to, though with some tentativeness understandably.
You do seem to have an element of contentedness about you. It makes me smile. All I ever wanted for you was that - contentment.
You were wrong. I think you know it now. No such thing as a 'clean break', not when we risked like we did, not with depth like that.
I felt you missing me, what I brought to your life. I know you felt me missing you. Just friends missing what we provided for each other.
Closed doors can reopen. Maybe still a little connected after all this time huh? I knew you were a permanent touch way back when. Maybe I'm 'in' you more than you were willing to admit or perhaps just more than you realized.
When things happen in a way that is incongruent with those beliefs I hold so close, it generates questions huh? Self doubt bubbles a little and I question my perceptions.
It was so nice talking like that, a little like we used to, though with some tentativeness understandably.
You do seem to have an element of contentedness about you. It makes me smile. All I ever wanted for you was that - contentment.
You were wrong. I think you know it now. No such thing as a 'clean break', not when we risked like we did, not with depth like that.
I felt you missing me, what I brought to your life. I know you felt me missing you. Just friends missing what we provided for each other.
Closed doors can reopen. Maybe still a little connected after all this time huh? I knew you were a permanent touch way back when. Maybe I'm 'in' you more than you were willing to admit or perhaps just more than you realized.

2 Comments:
I still say he's a dumbass
miss you
write!!! will ya?
Diamonds and rust.
I like your writing. Wish there was more of it. But I think you're like me -- writing just when the words refuse to stay inside any longer.
Post a Comment
<< Home