Ya know that overpowering thing that happens, when someone you love is hurting... that thing that makes you want to take it from them, carry the weight of it for them so they can breathe for a spell? I want that now.
I felt him before he called, isn't that weird? I was drifting off to sleep, I had this body shudder, then I couldn't sleep was all wired, then he called maybe 10 minutes later. I don't even know what time it was, after midnight though. I wasn't even with him, but I could feel him shaking, could see his eyes. I wanted so badly to touch him. I felt that ache in the center of your body - where pain manifests physically - felt him feeling it, and could do nothing.
I want to take it all on, I want it - all of it, just for a short time - want him free of it for a little while. I've seen glimpses of the joy that can be in him, the way he comes alive and exudes life - I want him to be able to feel that for a while again.
I've seen the despair too. I know it all has purpose. *sigh* He has some profound wisdom waiting for him, I know that too - but that road you have to travel to get there.... treacherous and terrifying... and dangerous as hell if you try to sidestep it, avoid it. Nope, gotta walk that path if you want what's on the other side.
I felt him before he called, isn't that weird? I was drifting off to sleep, I had this body shudder, then I couldn't sleep was all wired, then he called maybe 10 minutes later. I don't even know what time it was, after midnight though. I wasn't even with him, but I could feel him shaking, could see his eyes. I wanted so badly to touch him. I felt that ache in the center of your body - where pain manifests physically - felt him feeling it, and could do nothing.
I want to take it all on, I want it - all of it, just for a short time - want him free of it for a little while. I've seen glimpses of the joy that can be in him, the way he comes alive and exudes life - I want him to be able to feel that for a while again.
I've seen the despair too. I know it all has purpose. *sigh* He has some profound wisdom waiting for him, I know that too - but that road you have to travel to get there.... treacherous and terrifying... and dangerous as hell if you try to sidestep it, avoid it. Nope, gotta walk that path if you want what's on the other side.

1 Comments:
...and.... some stretches of that road.... if not the whole thing.. must be walked alone.
Post a Comment
<< Home